Jeryn Laengrich Interviewed by Workforce Magazine about Caregiving Benefits
Jeryn Laengrich was interviewed by Andie Burjek, an associate editor for Workforce Magazine, at the SHRM 2018 Annual Conference and Exposition. Laengrich discusses the importance of caregiving benefits in the workforce and why employers need to help support their caregiving employees. Laengrich states “No one out there should ever have to go through caregiving alone.” Caregiving can seem isolating, but when people come together and start having these conversations, then our workforce and retention will be stronger.
Questions Discussed in this Video
- What are the best ways for Wellness and Benefits Programs to support their caregiver employees?
- What does the mental and emotional state of caregivers look like?
- Are there any common practices/policies that employers should be aware of?
- What are some companies that are leading the way for caregiving benefits?
- Why is there reluctance for employees to bring up their caregiving issues to their employers?
Listen to the full interview below, or go to Workforce Magazine.