Ep #209: Helping Employers Deal With The Growing Problem Of Employee Caregivers
Michael Walsh, founder and CEO of Cariloop, is an expert on a growing problem that most employers may not even realize they have – and that is taking its toll on their employees’ productivity. According to Michael, there may be more than 25 million employee caregivers taking care of a loved one, and that has an impact on financial wellness, as well as productivity, absenteeism and presenteeism.
The good news is that as this problem grows, there are employer-based solutions that help both employer and employees and that today’s advisors can incorporate into their benefit planning.
What You’ll Learn From this Episode About Employee Caregiving:
- What are the problems created by employee caregivers?
- What is the scope of the problem?
- How can advisors quantify the problem for prospects and clients?
- Are telemedicine and the IOT helpful?
- What is driving the problem?
- What solutions are coming to market?
Featured on the Show:
To listen to the full podcast interview, go to Episode 209 of the ShiftShapers Podcast, originally posted on April 9, 2018.