Cariloop and Facebook Join Forces to Support Working Caregivers
Michael Walsh, Co-Founder and CEO of Cariloop, was interviewed by Eric Michaels on eHealth Radio Network discussing Cariloop and their collaboration with the benefits team over at Facebook. eHealth Radio Network interviews the most innovative leaders in the Health and Wellness industry who are changing the meaning of healthcare.
We teamed up with Renee Albert, the director of global benefits for Facebook, and co-wrote a white paper on why Corporate America should be paying attention to [employee caregivers] and why this is an issue they should really care about. A lot of corporations don’t realize some of the challenges their employees go through and the baggage they bring to the office every day. If companies like Facebook, Bank of America and Microsoft really start to set an example for what [supporting employee caregivers] should look like, we want to make sure everyone knows what it looks like and how to do it. –Michael Walsh
Michaels and Walsh discussed the following:
- Tell us a little bit about Cariloop and what you are doing with Facebook.
- Describe some of the challenges facing working caregivers and how these responsibilities impact work performance.
- Why is it in the employer’s best interest to offer caregiver benefits and support?
- Are these programs only for larger companies or can other sized organizations support working caregivers?
- Are there any other larger companies, other than Facebook, that are moving in this direction to help employees who have to care for loved ones?
Ready to join the caregiver support movement?
Check out these related articles: