Cariloop Pediatric Care Coach
Job Description and Requirements:
There are over 40 million Americans (approximately 1 out of every 5 members of our country’s work force) struggling to balance the demands of their jobs with the responsibilities of being a caregiver to a loved one. Anxiety, depression, loneliness – just a few of the words to describe how a caregiver feels as they go on one of the most turbulent and chaotic rides of their entire life. With the average length of a caregiving journey now clocked at over 4 years long, there has never been a more critical time to provide support to these families and help shepherd them to a place where they can easily access an innovative, human-powered solution that will guide them as they take on the enormous challenge of caring for a loved one.
To accelerate that effort, we are looking for an incredible Pediatric Healthcare Professional to join our Care Coaching team in Dallas, TX and play a crucial role in supporting caregivers and families taking care of children all over the world. We believe that NO ONE should ever have to go through caregiving alone, and thanks to the incredible work being done by our Care Coaches, we’re going to make sure the world knows that they don’t have to.
As a Care Coach, you will learn about the caregiving challenges our members face and work to improve their caregiving experience by finding the tools and resources that will best support their needs. You will help ensure our members have a wonderful experience using Cariloop’s innovative Caregiver Support Platform.
Our ideal candidate should be excited to be a part of a young, high-growth environment and can be flexible as things evolve and change in the months and years ahead of us. They are open and collaborative, confident and compassionate, empathetic and creative, integrity-fueled and team-oriented, and a self-starter – they are definitely not too proud to roll up the sleeves and do some of the dirty work!
- Be mission-driven in each strategy we discuss, each task we complete, and each success we celebrate.
- Represent Cariloop to the best of one’s ability and providing a level of service the industry has never experienced before.
- Work in a team environment to educate, assess, plan, coordinate, implement, monitor and evaluate health care options and services to meet each member’s needs.
- Record and document oral or written coaching session(s) with options and referrals as determined by the needs of the member.
- Request assistance with research and provide information back to member.
- Provide additional resources to member as needed utilizing healthcare network.
- Maintain notes and communication with members about cases in the Cariloop web portal and maintain privacy for all members.
- Provide ongoing support via Cariloop web portal, phone and/or video platform to members as they execute their portion of the plan.
- Use member generated feedback to continually improve Cariloop’s coaching service.
- Complete other internal tasks or assignments as they arise.
- Be responsive with time as established in Cariloop policies.
- Research needs of member or requesting internal assistance with research activities.
- Focus on the demands of the current state of Cariloop with a flexibility to make changes as the future state becomes more defined.
- Consistent love of servant leadership where our team members, customers, partners, and members come first.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree or demonstrate equivalent work experience in healthcare field (social work, nursing, therapy, marketing, clinical role, administration, etc.)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a healthcare setting with hands-on service with patients and families. This can include personal experience.
- Applicable license and/or certification in addition to degree or work experience such as:
- Social Work
- LNFA (license nursing home administrator)
- Assisted Living Certification
- Other certifications as determined by Cariloop
- Experience navigating the Medicare and/or Medicaid system is highly desired!
- Understanding and high comfort level with use of technology products and services, such as (but not limited to):
- Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Social Media tools like Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
- Email/Calendar tools – Gmail, Outlook
- Video Platforms (GoToMeeting, Skype, etc.)
- Texting and instant messaging